It may not seem like it, but air conditioning season is drawing closer. Seattle homeowners, it’s time to get your central air systems ready for the hot months ahead. Preventative maintenance today can save a lot of money in expensive repairs later. And a properly tuned system really can save you a lot on your utility bills every month.
What type of preventive maintenance is recommended to ensure your air conditioning system is operating at peak performance and efficiency? The U.S. Department of Energy recommends the following items be checked regularly:
- Replace the air filters. This is the most important (and easiest) maintenance item to ensure overall system efficiency. Clean air filters mean higher flow rates, and the central air unit doesn’t work as hard to cool your home.
- Replacing worn belts on the blower unit today prevents an expensive service call if one breaks while the air conditioning system is in use.
- Clean the condensate drip pan / tank and piping. A blocked condensate drain can lead to freezing on blower-unit evaporator coils.
- Vacuum the dust and dirt from the blower housing and evaporator coils for better heat transfer.
- Clean the outdoor condensing unit coils for optimum performance of the refrigerant system.
- Lubricate all rotating equipment (indoor and outdoor fans, motors, and pulleys) to reduce heat and wear.
- Check the refrigerant charge to ensure proper system pressures and most efficient operation.
Cleaning duct work reduces allergen distribution and allows your air conditioning system to deliver the maximum rated flow of cool air in the summer (as well as warm air in the winter).
Why not schedule a trained technician from Brennan Heating & Air Conditioning to perform early season preventive maintenance on your central air system today? You’ll be confident that when summer heats up, you’ll be ready to keep your family cool – and your energy bills lower.
Below is a partial list of Air Conditioning services we offer our residential customers:
- Sales and Installation
- Maintenance and repair
- Many popular HVAC Makes and Models
- HVAC Troubleshooting
- Fast Inspections and Tune-ups
- Pre-Season Start-ups
- Miscellaneous service replacements
- Everything residential
- ENERGY STAR rated
If you live in Washington Counties, Snohomish, King, Pierce, Lewis, Thurston, Mason, Kitsap and surrounding metro areas, we are your local home comfort dealer.
Brennan Heating and Air Conditioning
4601 S. 134th Place, Seattle, WA 98168
1-877-Brennan (toll-free 1-877-273-6626)
Fax: (206) 248-7905